|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Pumpkin, Parsnip and Parsley immune-booster soup|
|Contributed by: Rosey||Added: Nov 18, 2007 at 09:21 AM|
Inspired by Mike Staffieri's 'Who needs chicken soup....redux!' blog, here is a multi-beneficial, immune boosting, feel-better soup. These measurements give 4 good 'doses'.
How to make it:
- 600g pumpkin (or squash for B secretors)
- 250g parsnips
- big bunch of fresh parsley
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (I used herb salt)
- 1 liter filtered water, boiled
- 1-2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Add curry powder and salt.
- Peel and chop garlic, and add to the pan.
- Pour in water and bring to the boil.
- Meanwhile peel and chop parsnips and add.
- Peel and chop pumpkin and add.
- Wash and chop parsley and add.
- Bring back to the boil, and simmer until the parsnips are soft.
- Allow to cool slightly, then blend until the soup is a creamy consistency.