|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Meringue for pie|
|Contributed by: Cynthia||Added: Nov 15, 2007 at 10:55 PM|
This makes a very good meringue for a nine inch pie.
|Best Used By Blood Types:|
- Type A (0 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type AB (0 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
How to make it:
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tarter
- 3 Tablespoons agave syrup
- flavoring of choice
- Beat egg whites and cream of tarter until foamy.
- Drizzle in agave syrup while beating.
- Continue beating until stiff and glossy.
- It won't be quite as glossy as if you made it with sugar. Beat in flavoring.
- Heap meringue onto hot pie filling;
- Spread over filling, carefully sealing meringue to edge of crust to prevent shrinking or weeping.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until a delicate brown.
- Cool away from draft.
BTD Core Ingredients Analysis:
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
If an ingredient is an avoid for your blood type, then try using a BTD compliant variant/substitute or leaving the item out of the recipe.
When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has been recently greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a couple of years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended. Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of the all the new features and food lists. Please be patient with us until the process has been completed.
- Revised Nov 16, 2007 at 02:22 AM By: Lola