|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Meringue for pie|
|Contributed by: Cynthia||Added: Nov 15, 2007 at 10:55 PM|
This makes a very good meringue for a nine inch pie.
How to make it:
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tarter
- 3 Tablespoons agave syrup
- flavoring of choice
- Beat egg whites and cream of tarter until foamy.
- Drizzle in agave syrup while beating.
- Continue beating until stiff and glossy.
- It won't be quite as glossy as if you made it with sugar. Beat in flavoring.
- Heap meringue onto hot pie filling;
- Spread over filling, carefully sealing meringue to edge of crust to prevent shrinking or weeping.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until a delicate brown.
- Cool away from draft.