|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: Lasse NE||Added: Nov 15, 2007 at 06:49 PM|
This is thought to be a variational theme on the all time classic Oatmeal. Read and be inspired.
How to make it:
- 1 dl Oats
- 3 dl water
- 1 spoonful of sugar [or agave]
- dash of sea salt
- 1-2 spoonfuls of raisins, dice prunes (dried apricots works well too)
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon (crushed seeds of 1 green cardamom pod along with a dash of vanilla sugar works best with the apricots)
- ½ apple, diced or shredded
- Put the ingredients in a pot and heat on the stove.
- Cook it under continuous stirring for 2-3 minutes. Be careful not to let it burn to the bottom of the pan. Adjust heat to low and add more water if you like.
- Let it rest and cool of under a lid for 3-5 minutes, if you can wait that long.
- As explained in the ingredients section, there are a lots of variations on this timeless classic. Be sure to try the cardamom & vanilla with apricots at least once in your life - its an entirely new thing.
- NB. Be sure to get the real cinnamon, when using cinnamon. Cassia Bark is unhealthy because of the toxic coumarine. True cinnamon is very healthy.
- Watch out, as there are a jungle of different latin names for what is sold as cinnamon. Go for Cinnamomum Zeylanicum or C. Verum and you will the real stuff.