|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Honey butter spread|
|Contributed by: Carmelin Sherwood||Added: Nov 14, 2007 at 10:31 PM|
This is a very delicious spread that I use for making cinnamon toast. It came about as an alternative to using sugar. It could be altered by adding other spices to it instead or along with the honey. It is also great spread on rice cakes or crackers. Enjoy!
How to make it:
- 4 sticks of unsalted organic butter (clarified/ghee)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup pure clove honey
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp sea salt (if desired)
- large bowl of ice
- First step is to clarify the butter (ghee). Cook the butter in a medium saucepan on a low-med. heat until milk solids are cooked down. There will be small brown bits at the bottom when it is done.
- Let ghee cool down 15-30 minutes.
- Add olive oil and honey to the ghee.
- Place the saucepan in the large bowl of ice.
- Stir the mixture as it starts to solidify in order to get the ingredients to mix together.
- Continue to stir until well set.
- Put into container and refrigerate.