|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Beef & Root stew |
|Contributed by: Davida van Breevoort||Added: Nov 14, 2007 at 01:53 PM|
This Beef stew has lots of roots, which can be interchanged to your personal tast. The addition of pumpkin is my variation of a family recipe, which is optional. This will feed 4-6 people.
How to make it:
- Stew Beef (or any other stewing meat)
- 1 small Onion
- 1-2 Carrots
- 1-2 parsnips
- 1 Rutabaga
- 1 Turnip
- 1 can Pumpkin (optional, B sec. can use potato)
- 3 Bay leaves
- 10 whole Black pepper corns (B sec. avoid this)
- Salt to taste
- Fry the beef until the outside is brown, Add the onions, Add a little bit of water, Once the onions are soft, fill the pot half way with water (make sure you have room for the pureed pumpkin.
- Cut up the roots and add them.
- Add the pepper(leave out if you are B sec.), salt and Bay leaves and let simmer for an hour or two.
- The canned pumpkin can be added whenever but if you add it too soon you have to keep watching it so it doesn't stick to the bottom. It is better to leave it till the end.