|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Wellness Shitake Bean Soup|
|Contributed by: Heather||Added: Nov 12, 2007 at 06:06 PM|
This is a great soup to eat when you are suffering from cold or flu or other bug.
How to make it:
- 1 1/2 cups dried black beans
- 1 cup dried garbanzo beans
- 1 cup dried mung beans
- 1 large potato
- 1 large carrot
- 1/2 large yellow onion or 1 whole leek
- 1 whole head of garlic
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 pound shatike mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon triphala powder
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar [or lemon juice]
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- handful of dried nettle leaves
- Soak the beans overnight to remove gas-causing substance.
- About 2 1/2 hours before you wish to eat, rinse the beans and put in a large pot with 2 quarts fresh water. Bring to a boil, then lower the temp to a simmer and allow to cook for 30 minutes.
- Add chopped potato, onion, carrot, ginger, and garlic. Add salt, cumin, and triphala.
- Cook for 1 hour.
- Add herbs, oil, chopped mushrooms and vinegar.
- Cook on low heat for 30 more minutes to 1 hour.
- Stir regularly.