|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Blueberry Donuts via Donut Maker|
|Contributed by: Sara||Added: Nov 05, 2007 at 07:04 PM|
For O non-secretors, it can be a challenge to find baked goods for the occasional treat (Christmas?) since everything is made with sugar, honey or maple syrup. This is my own improvisation for my family using rice milk and agave for the sweetener. I hope it gets you thinking what you could do and when you try it, that you enjoy it! :)
How to make it:
- 4-1/2 cups kamut flour [or spelt]
- 2-1/2 Tablespoons baking powder [baking powder recipes]
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 cup (1/2 a block) butter [or ghee]
- 2-1/4 cups Make-a-Mix (above)
- 1/2 cups agave or vegetable glycerin
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup almond/rice milk [or other milk]
- 1 cup blueberries
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt thoroughly.
- Add the butter and cut into fine particles resembling coarse corn meal (clean hands work fine).
- Combine all but blueberries in Cuisinart mixer (or by hand), beat until thoroughly mixed and quite smooth. Should be quite dry.
- Put in a bowl and add the blueberries.
- Mix together.
- Heat the donut maker for five minutes, then brush on olive oil so it won't stick. Fill the donut maker until about even with the surface of the cooker, close cooker and cook for three minutes.
- Re-oil and repeat until done. The donut maker I use makes 2 inch wide donuts, six at a time.
- I have yet to have leftovers with my family.
- I bought my own 'soya milk' maker which makes a great almond/rice milk, which I prefer. You can substitute store bought rice milk.