|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Turkey, Rice & veggie Quiche |
|Contributed by: Rodney||11/25/07|
Good for leftover turkey from the holidays.Quiche is an easy meal all in one pan, add the ingredients you have on hand and get creative. When using rice and turkey be sure and add plenty of your favorite seasoning for flavor.
How to make it:
- 1 cup cooked rice, cooled
- 1 1/2 cup of cooked chopped turkey
- 1 medium tomato, seeded & chopped (or sun dried in EVOO)
- 1/4 cup of sliced green onion
- 1 small Zucchini sliced thin
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced (choose for BT)
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon of basil
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chopped Parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt or to taste
- 1/2 cup of skim milk (I omitted this and it worked fine)
- 3/4 cup of egg substitute ( I used a 2 eggs and 1/2 cup substitute and left out the milk
- 1/2 cup each fat free shredded Cheddar & mozzarella cheese or feta (may use 1 cup of either cheese)
- 1 spelt or rice pie crust
- In a small amount of olive oil saute the onion and add the zucchini, mushrooms and spinach and season let it cook down a little and cool.
- Combine rice, turkey, tomato, onion, basil, salt, red pepper, milk and egg substitute.
- Pour into square baking dish, coated with cooking spray. Top with cheeses (I stirred the cheese in the mixture this time and came out great.
- Bake at 375º for 20 minutes or until knife comes out clean. It took 25 minutes in our toaster oven.