|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: Rodney||Added: Nov 04, 2007 at 10:38 AM|
This potato stew is made with potatoes, vegetable broth, onions, a splash of white wine and seasonings.
How to make it:
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil or ghee
- 1 large onion, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 4 to 6 green onions, sliced
- 3-4 ribs celery
- 2-4 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons spelt flour
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 pounds potatoes, cut in 1-inch chunks (red, yellow, or variety)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- sea salt to taste
- sweet ground paprika, optional
- In a large Dutch oven, cook onions until they soften somewhat, about 4 or 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and celery.
- Sprinkle flour over the onions, add bay leaves and thyme; increase the heat to high.
- Pour in wine and stir to loosen brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until wine has evaporated.
- Add potatoes and broth Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 45 to 60 minutes.
- Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.
- Serves 3 to 4.