|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: Rodney||Added: Nov 04, 2007 at 09:18 AM|
How to make it:
- 1 1/2 cups flour (spelt rice or wheat)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup sugar (1/2 cup agave or rice syrup)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/3 cup melted butter (or ghee)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts or pecans
- 2 Tablespoons well chopped candied ginger
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium sized bowl, sift together the flour, salt, sugar, and baking soda.
- Mix the pumpkin, melted butter, eggs, 1/4 cup of water, and spices together, then combine with the dry ingredients, until just incorporated. Do not over-mix.
- Fold in the candied ginger and chopped nuts.
- Spoon mixture into a prepared muffin tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Check for doneness with a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin. If it comes out clean, it's done.
- Cool on a rack.
- Makes 12 muffins.