|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: Jenny||Added: Nov 01, 2007 at 04:05 AM|
This is a variation of Edna's Delish spread. Vegespread was also introduced several years ago by many community members in old threads. It attempts to replicate the well known, but generally unacceptable Vegemite of Australian fame. Adding prune juice will help to blacken the mix. The soy sauce and miso which help to blacken the spread makes it unsuitable for all type Bs, and type O non-secretors.
How to make it:
- 2 teaspoons of nutritional/brewers yeast
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce, preferred tamari wheat free or 1 teaspoon miso mixed with 1 teaspoon lemon juice,(Bs and O nons could try kelp powder as substitute or prune juice)
- 2 teaspoons of room temperature ghee or olive oil
- pinch of vegetable bouillon powder, celery salt, garlic or onion powder etc.(to taste)
- Measure each ingredient, combine with a spoon, in any order.
- Mix all together until in a paste.
- This is enough for one slice of toast thickly spread, or as dressing on vegetables or pasta. Increase the ingredients proportionally to make more.