|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Teriyaki Tofu Steak|
|Best Used By Blood Types:|
- Type A (4 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (3 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
How to make it:
- 1 pound extra firm tofu, well drained
- 6 Tablespoons sake or white wine
- 6 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoons arrowroot powder
- Cut tofu into six equal 1/2 inch strips.
- Marinate tofu in sake (wine), garlic, scallions, honey and 2 TBS oil for 20 minutes.
- Heat remaining oil in wok over medium heat.
- Grill tofu in wok until brown on both sides.
- Place on serving platter.
- Bring leftover marinade sauce to boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Thicken sauce with arrowroot.
- Pour over tofu before serving.
- Makes 5 servings.
BTD Core Ingredients Analysis:
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may have a high mold count.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
If an ingredient is an avoid for your blood type, then try using a BTD compliant variant/substitute or leaving the item out of the recipe.
When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has been recently greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a couple of years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended. Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of the all the new features and food lists. Please be patient with us until the process has been completed.
- Revised Oct 15, 2011 at 09:38 PM By: Joe