|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Teriyaki Tofu Steak|
How to make it:
- 1 pound extra firm tofu, well drained
- 6 Tablespoons sake or white wine
- 6 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoons arrowroot powder
- Cut tofu into six equal 1/2 inch strips.
- Marinate tofu in sake (wine), garlic, scallions, honey and 2 TBS oil for 20 minutes.
- Heat remaining oil in wok over medium heat.
- Grill tofu in wok until brown on both sides.
- Place on serving platter.
- Bring leftover marinade sauce to boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Thicken sauce with arrowroot.
- Pour over tofu before serving.
- Makes 5 servings.