|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Turkey and Rice Casserole |
|Contributed by: Ribbit||Added: Oct 25, 2007 at 01:26 AM|
What to do with leftovers? If you’ve missed casseroles because of the milk in condensed soup, try this for a delightful reminder of “comfort food.”
How to make it:
- 2 cups cooked, chopped turkey
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cups chopped broccoli (optional)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 egg or 1 Tablespoon flax meal mixed with 1/4 cup boiling water (let sit till thick)
- 2 Tablespoons rice flour
- 1-1/2 cups water
- extra rice flour if too soupy
- sea salt to taste
- poultry seasoning to taste
- Gently saute broccoli and onion in a little oil.
- When soft, add water, rice flour, and seasonings.
- Bring to boil, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened (this is gravy and makes a great base for all sorts of casseroles).
- Mix with turkey and rice.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Stir in egg or flax mixture.
- Pour into greased casserole dish.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350.