|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Date Pecan Pie|
|Contributed by: Ribbit||Added: Oct 25, 2007 at 01:12 AM|
How to make it:
- 1/2 pound pitted dates, chopped
- 2 cup water
- 3 Tablespoon honey/agave
- 1 Tablespoon unflavored gelatin powder (you can probably thicken with arrowroot, but this is what I've used, c'mon, it's only once a year!)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup pecan halves
- crushed pecans for crust
- In saucepan, combine dates and 1 cup water.
- Bring to a simmer and cook 5 minutes.
- Cool a little, then pour into blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Add honey.
- Blend well.
- Return to pan, keep warm over low heat.
- In small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1 cup water.
- Allow to soften 5 min.
- Add to saucepan.
- Cook, stirring, over low heat for 2 minutes to dissolve gelatin.
- Remove from heat and let cool 10 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Refrigerate 20-30 minutes or until thick and just beginning to set.
- While cooling, prepare crushed pecans.
- Press into bottom of pie dish and up sides.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Arrange pecans on top and press lightly.
- Chill for 2 hours or overnight before serving.