|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: Ribbit||Added: Oct 24, 2007 at 11:40 PM|
I make my own quinoa flour by dumping quinoa in my vita-mix (a blender might work just as well) and grinding it for a minute.
How to make it:
- 2 cups quinoa flour
- 2 Tablespoons arrowroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup toasted nuts (optional)
- 1 cup cranberries, blueberries, or acceptable fruit bits
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup fruit juice (I use pineapple juice concentrate or plain apple juice)
- 1/4 cup olive oil or walnut oil
- 1/4 agave nectar or honey
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper cups.
- Spray the paper cups also with a tiny bit of oil to keep the muffins from sticking to the paper.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients and nuts, if using.
- In a small bowl, combine liquid ingredients.
- Pour into flour mixture and mix just until combined. Don't over mix.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin.
- Bake 17-19 min.
- Cool in pan 5 min.
- Remove and cool completely, if you can wait that long.