|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Oatmeal Cookies |
|Contributed by: Rodney||Added: Oct 21, 2007 at 09:44 AM|
A great oatmeal cookie and so good with the dried cherries and nuts. Add nut and dried fruits to you liking.
How to make it:
- 3/4 cup butter (or ghee)
- 1/4 cup agave (or 1/2 cup sugar)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (or 1/4 cup total molasses and agave see note below)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup spelt flour (or all purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large mixing bowel, cream butter or add ghee and sugars.
- beat in the egg.
- Combine flour and baking soda: gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the oats, nuts and cherries.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 9-12 minutes or until lightly browned, remove to wire racks.
- makes a couple dozen.
- To make a nice firm cookie and not one that goes flat once cooled make sure you mix the dry ingredients completely in the order described above. When baking keep the unbaked dough in the refrigerator. And always use fresh baking soda, not that box thats been hanging out in the cupboard since last Christmas. The dough should be on the dry side so adjust with more flour if needed. I haven't tried the molasses and agave substitute for the brown sugar but I am going to do that next time.