|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Rice Bran Muffins|
|Contributed by: Melissa_J||Added: Oct 20, 2007 at 07:49 PM|
Gluten Free Bran Muffins, adapted from Bob's Red Mill Rice Bran label.
How to make it:
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 Tablespoons flax meal
- 1 Cup rice bran
- 1/2 cup amaranth Flour (millet flour can be substituted)
- 1/2 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/4 cup amaranth starch (or tapioca starch or arrowroot, as compliant for type)
- 1/4 cup dried fruit or nuts (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder baking powder Recipes
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup agave nectar (may substitute part or all with molasses)
- 3/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 dash nutmeg (optional, not for O secretors)
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 cup walnut, almond or grape seed oil
- More liquid as needed to make it a workable batter, it should be a bit thick.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Combine boiling water and flax seeds, allow to sit while mixing other ingredients.
- Combine dry ingredients, mix well.
- Combine and mix wet ingredients with flax mixture, mix well.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes.
- Makes 1 dozen regular sized muffins.