|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Mashed Potato Substitute|
|Contributed by: LakesLady68||Added: Oct 18, 2007 at 02:17 PM|
A quick and easy substitute for mashed white/red potatoes.
How to make it:
- 1 medium celeriac
- boiling water to cover
- squeeze of lemon (prevents it discolouring)
- seasoning to BTD
- 1 grated apple [Optional]
- 1 Tablespoon ghee or butter for taste [Optional]
- Peel and chop the celeriac to a 1/2 inch dice.
- Put into boiling water with a squeeze of lemon juice, the water should just cover the celeriac.
- Boil until tender, test by inserting a knife into one of the pieces to check.
- Add a grated apple in the last few minutes of cooking.
- Drain, reserving the cooking liquid.
- Mash the celeriac, with butter or ghee, put through a potato ricer (makes wonderful soft, creamy mash).
- If the mix is too dry for your taste add a spoon or two of the cooking water to moisten it.
- Season to taste and serve alongside a warming stew or BTD sausages.
- It has a mild celery taste which lessens as it is cooked. Serves four