|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Turkey chow mein|
|Contributed by: Erica Bruton||Added: Oct 13, 2007 at 03:38 AM|
Tasty and easy recipe all the family will love.
How to make it:
- 2 serves of vermicelli noodles
- 2 teaspoons cornflour [rice or spelt]
- 2/3 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce [or tamari]
- 1 Tablespoon peanut oil [or olive]
- 600g turkey mince (or chicken)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 spring onions sliced
- 1 small red capsicum sliced thinly
- 2 carrots peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1/4 cup finely shredded cos lettuce
- Cook noodles according to packet directions.
- Combine cornflour, oyster sauce, soy sauce, stock in a jug and stir until smooth. set aside.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add oil and swirl to coat.
- Add mince and garlic and stir fry until cooked through.
- Add onion, carrot, capsicum and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add stock mixture and bring to the boil. Then add peas and noodles.Stir fry until peas are tender.
- Stir throught the lettuce as the last thing.
- Serve in bowls and enjoy.