|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Vegetable Bean Soup|
|Contributed by: Don||Added: Oct 09, 2007 at 02:38 PM|
I came up with this recipe to get some of the beneficial and super beneficial beans for my blood type into my diet. As a type O I normally use adzuki, northern, and fava beans. I recommend that you try to pick a mix of beneficial and super beneficial beans for your type.
How to make it:
- 2 cups mix of beans (I use adzuki, northern, and fava)
- 1/2-1 cup of rice or quinoa
- 1-2 parsnips, sliced
- 1-2 carrots, sliced
- 1 red or green sweet bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large can crushed tomatoes (optional)
- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil or ghee
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper, to taste
- Soak the beans and rice (if you are using rice) over night or all day in water covering them several inches.
- Drain and rinse the beans and rice.
- Start cooking the beans and rice or quinoa in a large pot covered in plenty of water on medium heat.
- Prepare and add the vegetables, canned tomatoes and olive oil/ghee to the pot.
- Occasionally stir the pot and check that there is enough water in it.
- When the beans and vegetables are nearly done add any sea salt, garlic and red pepper that you want to the pot.
- Serve when ready.
- Any extra freezes and thaws well for later use.