|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Molasses Mashed Sweet Potatoes|
How to make it:
- 1/2 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch rough chunks
- 1/2 pound Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch rough chunks (omit and add more BT friendly potato)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or ghee
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/4 cup half-and-half, divided
- sea salt to taste
- Place both the sweet and Idaho potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Add a pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
- Simmer until tender, drain, and return to the same saucepan.
- Place over low heat, cover, and steam for 3 to 5 minutes (to dry out potatoes).
- Pass the potatoes through a food mill or potato ricer or mash by hand. Stir in the butter, sour cream molasses, and 2 tablespoons half-and-half. Season and set aside at room temperature. (May be prepared up to 3 or 4 hours ahead. Cool and cover with plastic film.)
- In a pan over medium heat, rewarm the potatoes, adding the remaining 2 tablespoons of half-and-half and stirring often, until hot. Check the seasoning. Keep warm until ready to serve.