|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Poultry and Summer Vegetables|
|Contributed by: Don||Added: Oct 09, 2007 at 09:33 AM|
I fairly easy skillet meal to take advantage of summer vegetables. The mix of summer vegetables produces a mild flavored meal.
How to make it:
- 1 pound ground poultry (turkey or chicken)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1-3 (depending on size) summer yellow squash, chopped
- 1-2 carrots, sliced
- 1 cup okra, sliced
- 1 red or green sweet bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1/8-1/4 cup wheat-free tamari or soy sauce
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
- fresh ground black peppercorns, to taste
- ground ginger, to taste (optional)
- 1 cup or rice or quinoa
- Start the rice or quinoa cooking. I use a rice cooker for both.
- Prepare the vegetables, chop the onion, zucchini, squash and bell pepper, if you are using it, and slice the carrot and okra.
- Brown the ground poultry in a large covered skillet on medium heat.
- Drain the liquid.
- Add the olive oil and onions to the skillet and stir and cover.
- When the onions look done add the other vegetables, garlic, tamari/soy sauce, ginger if you are using it, and some water to help steam the vegetables.
- Put a pepper mill and some a bottle of tamari on the table.
- Serve when the vegetables and rice or quinoa are done cooking.