|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Almond Baked Apples|
|Contributed by: Stormy||Added: Oct 08, 2007 at 11:07 PM|
|Best Used By Blood Types:|
- Type A (0 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
How to make it:
- 1/2 cup Maranatha Creamy Almond Butter
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 large baking apples (McIntosh, Fuji or Yellow Delicious)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine Maranatha almond butter, raisins, 3 tbsp. apple juice, vanilla and spices.
- Core apples, avoid breaking through bottom of apple.
- Fill each apple with almond butter filling.
- Arrange apples in a shallow baking dish.
- Pour remaining apple juice into pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Mix yogurt and honey to make a sauce and serve over warm apples or use as a dipping sauce.
BTD Core Ingredients Analysis:
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
If an ingredient is an avoid for your blood type, then try using a BTD compliant variant/substitute or leaving the item out of the recipe.
When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has been recently greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a couple of years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended. Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of the all the new features and food lists. Please be patient with us until the process has been completed.
- Revised Oct 09, 2007 at 03:46 PM By: Father Tiresias
- Revised Nov 11, 2007 at 08:57 AM By: Rodney