|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Almond Baked Apples|
|Contributed by: Stormy||Added: Oct 08, 2007 at 11:07 PM|
How to make it:
- 1/2 cup Maranatha Creamy Almond Butter
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 large baking apples (McIntosh, Fuji or Yellow Delicious)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine Maranatha almond butter, raisins, 3 tbsp. apple juice, vanilla and spices.
- Core apples, avoid breaking through bottom of apple.
- Fill each apple with almond butter filling.
- Arrange apples in a shallow baking dish.
- Pour remaining apple juice into pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Mix yogurt and honey to make a sauce and serve over warm apples or use as a dipping sauce.