|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|The Devil's Mustard|
|Contributed by: Robin Hinsdale||Added: Oct 08, 2007 at 10:49 AM|
'I came up with this mustard by accident. When I was first testing recipes, I experimented by mixing mild mustard flour and hot mustard flour with a variety of liquids, just to see what would result. I thought I was being frivolous when I mixed some hot mustard flour with nothing but Tabasco sauce, but I actually liked the combination a great deal. This mixture can be used right away, as part of a sausage and mustard buffet, perhaps, or with any grilled poultry or meat. But be assured, it is hot.'
For more variations, go to Robin's blog.
How to make it:
- 3 ounces (about 100 ml) mustard flour, hot
- 1/8 cup (2 tablespoons/30 ml) very cold water
- 1/8 cup (2 tablespoons/30 ml) Tabasco sauce (or any favorite hot sauce)
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) sea salt
- Mix the mustard flour and water to make and paste and let sit for twenty minutes.
- Add the Tabasco sauce and sea salt.