|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: Robin Hinsdale||Added: Oct 08, 2007 at 10:16 AM|
Course-ground mustard - OK for all types.
For more mustard recipe variations, go to Robin's blog.
How to make it:
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white or brown mustard seeds
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) red wine vinegar (I substitute lemon juice or apple cider vinegar)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry red wine
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (about 1.5 ml) ground allspice (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) cold water
- Place mustard seeds, wine vinegar/lemon juice, and wine in a small bowl and let stand for 3 hours.
- Pour both the seeds & liquid into the container of a blender or food processor fitter with steel blade.
- Process with several on-off motions until the seeds are bruised and broken.
- Add the dry mustard, salt, allspice, and water and process for 30 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides of the container with a rubber spatula and process for 30 seconds longer.
- Keep in a well-sealed container and allow to stand overnight before using.