|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Sweet Potato Pineapple Casserole|
|Contributed by: Karen||Added: Oct 06, 2007 at 09:38 PM|
This is an easy recipe with only 4 ingredients that supplies fiber and antioxidants.
How to make it:
- 10 to 12 boiled and mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (or your choice of sweetener)
- 1 large can crushed pineapple (with half it's juice)
- 1/3 cup ghee or 1/2 cup butter
- Boil potatoes with skins on until soft. Peel and mash potatoes.
- Combine pineapple, ghee or butter and brown sugar in a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture boils for 1 minute. Reserve enough of this mixture to cover top of casserole.
- Combine remaining pineapple mixture with the mashed sweet potatoes in a 10 1/2 x 8 1/2 or slightly larger casserole dish and top with the reserved pineapple mixture.
- Cover and bake at 325 F. for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Serves 14 to 16