|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Beef and Broccoli|
|Contributed by: Don||Added: Oct 06, 2007 at 01:14 PM|
One of the family's favorite meals. I serve it with rice. Just need a big covered skillet and a rice cooker/pan to make it.
How to make it:
- 1 pound ground beef or buffalo
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2-1 head broccoli
- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 teaspoons ginger, to taste (I like a lot of ginger)
- 1/8-1/4 cup wheat-free tamari, to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons garlic, to taste
- 1 carrot, sliced thin (for color)(optional)
- 1 cup rice
- Start rice cooking. I use a rice cooker.
- Chop onion and peel and slice carrot.
- Wash and cut up broccoli into bits sized pieces.
- Brown the ground meat in a covered skillet on medium heat.
- Drain liquid.
- Add the olive oil and chopped onion and stir.
- Cover and cook until onions look cooked.
- Add the cut broccoli and sliced carrots, ginger, garlic, tamari and a little water (to help steam the broccoli).
- Cover and cook until broccoli is done.
- Either add the rice to the skillet and mix in or serve the skillet contents on a bed of rice.
- I put ginger, tamari, and olive oil on the table in case anyone wants to add more.