|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: Don||Added: Oct 05, 2007 at 07:55 PM|
This is based on an entree my mother used to make when I was growing up. She called her version Spanish Rice. I decided to switch to quinoa to take advantage of what I consider a better grain for type O, making it Spanish Quinoa.
How to make it:
- 1 pound ground meat. (I use beef or buffalo, but assume that chicken or turkey would work too)
- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil (I use a lot)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-2 red and/or green peppers, chopped (I normally use one red, which is a type O beneficial and one green for color)
- 1 carrot, sliced thin (optional for color)
- 1-15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1-15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup rice or quinoa
- 2 teaspoons chili powder, rounded
- Start the rice or quinoa cooking. I use a rice cooker for both.
- Chop the onion and peppers, and slice the carrot.
- Brown meat in large covered skillet on medium heat.
- Drain liquid from the skillet.
- Add the olive oil, chopped onions and peppers to the skillet and stir to distribute the oil.
- Cover and let cook until the onions look cooked.
- Add the 2 cans of tomatoes.
- Add the chili powder.
- When vegetables are cooked to your liking add the rice or quinoa to the skillet and stir.