|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Winter Turkey stew|
|Contributed by: Girly||Added: Oct 05, 2007 at 03:02 PM|
A hearty stew to curl up to the fireplace with
How to make it:
- 2 large onions
- 2 cups diced rutabaga
- 2 cups diced yam/sweet potato
- 4 turkey fillets (Hint: slice when 1/2 frozen)
- 1 cup green beans
- 1/2 cup baby carrots
- 1/2 cup parnips, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2-3 cups water
- sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Herbes de Provence to taste [or BTD compliant herbs]
- rice milk
- rice flour
- Place olive oil in soup pot ( I use large Le Creuset)
- Chop onions rough, add to pot
- Add sliced turkey breast, and cook until slightly browned.
- Add all remaining ingredients and cook 1-1/2 hours on low heat.
- Use rice milk with a bit of rice flour to thicken if you wish.