|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Angel Cake Supreme|
Adapted with spelt flour and granulated sugar from 'Better Homes and Gardens' cookbook, Fall 1961.
How to make it:
- 1 cup white (or whole) spelt flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 12 egg whites (1-1/2 cups)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla or vanilla bean
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon almond oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Mix flour with 1-1/4 cups sugar.
- Set aside.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar, salt, vanilla and almond oil till stiff enough to hold up in soft peaks, but still moist and glossy.
- Beat in the 1 cup granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time.
- Beat until the meringue holds stiff peaks.
- Sprinkle about 1/4 of the flour-sugar mixture in 4 increments, folding in lightly after each increment, with up-and-down motion, turning the bowl.
- Bake in ungreased 10-inch tube pan in moderate oven, at 375 degrees about 30 minutes or till done (top will be crispy golden).
- Invert pan and cool cake thoroughly.