|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|No-Roll Cookie Crust|
|Contributed by: md||Added: Oct 01, 2007 at 09:00 PM|
This recipe goes with the recipe for the Fresh Fruit Pie. Make substitutions where necessary, to make it suitable for your blood type. Use half the amount of sugar given when using vegetable glycerine, agave nectar or honey.
How to make it:
- 1/4 cup ghee or butter
- 1/4 cup sugar or substitute sweetener
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup of spelt flour [or substitute a BTD compliant flour]
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stir the ghee to soften.
- Mix in compliant sweetener and the egg yolk.
- With a pastry blender or 2 knives mix in the compliant flour until crumbs form.
- Press firmly into a 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 8 minutes or until edge is browned.