|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Fresh Fruit Pie|
|Contributed by: md||Added: Oct 01, 2007 at 08:50 PM|
This makes a great uncooked pie for any time of the year. The variety of colorful fruit makes for a lovely presentation. Make substitutions where necessary to make it suitable for your type. Cut amount of sweetener by half when using honey, agave nectar or vegetable glycerine.
How to make it:
- 1/2 cup sugar or substitute
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch or arrowroot starch
- 1-1/2 cups compliant fruit juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind, optional
- 6 cups assorted cut-up fresh fruit, drained (this is more than enough for a regular 9 inch pie pan)
- In a saucepan, mix the sugar and starch.
- Gradually stir in the juice until smooth.
- Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium heat and boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, stir in the lemon juice and the lemon rind.
- Cool completely.
- Fold in the cut-up fresh fruit.
- Turn into the No-Roll Cookie Crust.
- Chill 4 hours.
- Serves 8.