|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Peanut Butter Molasses Cookies|
Quick, delicious cookies.
|Best Used By Blood Types:|
- Type A (5 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (3 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
How to make it:
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1+ cups of rye flour [or BTD compliant substitute]
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup instant rolled oats
- 1 Tablespoon grapefruit juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix peanut butter and molasses well. Warm slightly in microwave to assist in mixing.
- Add egg and beat thoroughly.
- Sift or mix flour with soda and salt. Stir into peanut butter/molasses mixture.
- Add rolled oats.
- Add grapefruit juice.
- Stir again until batter is pliable.
- Drop from a tea spoon about 2 inches apart on olive oil greased cookie sheets (Use of olive oil instead of grease is preferred.)
- Bake for 9 minutes.
- Makes 15-20 cookies.
BTD Core Ingredients Analysis:
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
If an ingredient is an avoid for your blood type, then try using a BTD compliant variant/substitute or leaving the item out of the recipe.
When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has been recently greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a couple of years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended. Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of the all the new features and food lists. Please be patient with us until the process has been completed.
- Revised Sep 30, 2007 at 07:40 AM By: Father Tiresias
- Revised Oct 21, 2007 at 01:35 PM By: Drea