|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Macadamia Trail Mix|
This basic trail mix recipe can be easily customized to your own tastes and availability of ingredients. I used toasted nuts, but if you prefer raw nuts, that's fine. This is a great portable snack that has plenty of good-quality protein and fat (and calories)--one handful will keep you going for a while!
How to make it:
- 1 part macadamia nuts
- 1 part English or black walnuts
- 1 part almonds
- 1 part pecans
- 1/2 part dried blueberries [check for avoids]
- (substitute your favorite dried fruit here if you wish)
- 1 part chopped dried mission figs
- (you can dust the chopped figs with cocoa powder if you like to make them less sticky)
- 1 part Ghirardelli 60% cocoa chocolate chips (opt) [check for avoids]
- (Other ingredients, such as spelt pretzel pieces, spelt sesame sticks, pepitas, etc may be added at the cook's discretion and according to blood type allowances.)
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and keep stored in an airtight container in a cool dry place.