|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|GulfCoastGuy's Spicy Slow Cooker Pot Roast|
If you like spicy hot beef, this is the recipe for you! Not your mama's Sunday roast--this is good enough for company! (Nightshade-sensitive people take note: this recipe contains tomatoes and peppers.)
How to make it:
- 1 4 pound pot roast (whatever cut you prefer)
- 3 medium onions
- 6 cloves garlic
- 5 Thai peppers (or other hot pepper)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- sprig of fresh rosemary (1/2 teaspoon dried)
- fresh basil to taste
- half a bottle of your favorite merlot
- Peel and quarter or chop the onions as you prefer.
- Peel the garlic and leave whole or mince as desired.
- Slice the peppers if desired.
When handling hot peppers, do not touch your face or eyes and wash your hands thoroughly after preparation! Also, remember that the seeds and ribs inside the pepper are much hotter than the flesh, so if you leave them whole they will be substantially hotter than chopped and seeded peppers.
- Layer the onions, garlic and peppers in with the pot roast.
- Cover the meat with the rosemary, basil and freshly ground pepper. Add the tomato sauce and Merlot, making sure the herbs are not displaced by the liquid.
- Put the slow cooker on the low setting and cook for 7 hours. Serves 4.