|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Turkey Meatloaf with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce|
I wanted to create a meatloaf where I didn't have to use tomatoes. With a little experimenting I discovered that roasted red peppers were a great substitute. This is very tasty, and great the second day!Enjoy
How to make it:
- Roasted Red Pepper Sauce:
- 1/2 large jar Roasted Red Peppers
- Olive Oil
- Puree the ingredients together in a mixer until it is smooth.
- Turkey Meatloaf:
- Mix in a large bowl the following ingredients,
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 c. milk
- 1/4 c. shredded parma cheese
- 2-3 Tbs. roasted red pepper sauce (above)
- 1 piece Ezekial Bread finely chopped
- 1/2 - 2/3 c. oats
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey.
- Add 1 pound ground turkey. Mix gently. The mixture should be moist and hold its form when you place it in a bread pan.
- Place turkey in a bread pan, place 1/2 of the remaining red pepper sauce on the top of the turkey loaf. Bake at 375 for 30-45 minutes (until almost done). Place the remainder of the sauce on the turkey loaf and cook an additional 5-10 minutes