|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook.
How to make it:
- Lemon Squares:
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup white spelt flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt.
- Beat butter for 30 seconds; add the 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 tsp. salt, beating till fluffy. Stir in the 1 cup flour. Pat dough onto bottom of 8x8x2-inch baking pan. (I just use one of my corningware pans).
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Beat 2 eggs
- Add 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons white spelt flour
- 1/4 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel (I generally add a lot more)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (I sometimes add a little more)
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tarter and 1/4 teaspoon baking soda (recipe calls for 1/4 teaspoon baking powder - I use the combination I have listed instead)
- Beat 3 minutes or till slightly thickened.
- Pour over baked layer. Bake in a 350 oven 25 to 30 minutes longer or till light golden brown around edges and center is set. Cool. Cut into squares. Makes 16.