|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Lady Flo's Pumpkin Scones (modified for BTD)|
Semi-sweet moist scone, serve with jam, soy cream cheese. From Lady Flo Bjelke-Peterson - old traditional Aussie recipe!
How to make it:
- 1 Tablespoon soft ghee
- 1/2 cup sugar [or BTD compliant sweetener]
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed cooked pumpkin (cold)
- 2 cups white spelt flour & extra for kneading [or kamut flour]
- 2 teaspoons baking powder [baking powder recipes], sifted with flour
- Beat together ghee, sugar and salt with electric mixer. Add egg, then pumpkin and stir in the flour. Turn onto heavily floured board(I rolled in enough flour to coat exterior & scone cutter, otherwise very wet sticky dough)and cut. Place in tray (greaseproof paper & floured)on top shelf of very hot oven 225-250c for 15-20 minutes.(my fanforced electric oven did 200c for 15 mins). Other blood types can check/convert for compliance. Best on day of baking, can freeze & thaw in fridge before reheating to serve.