|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Sweet Potato/Vegetable Fries|
A great alternative to French fries.
How to make it:
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch strips [or BTD compliant starchy vegetable of choice]
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 Tablespoon spicy brown mustard (I used Eden organic made with apple cider vinegar) [mustard recipes]
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- sweetener to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, chili powder, and mustard.
- Add sweet potatoes and stir until evenly coated.
- Arrange fries in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Then turn fries over, and continue to bake for 10 more minutes, until crispy and browned.
- Season with salt and serve.
- Rutabagas, parsnips, carrots, or any other starchy root vegetable works well here, too.