|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Energy Balls or Bars|
Dried fruit, nut & seed snack, sweet but not as sickly as some bought bars. Any combination of dried fruit, nuts & seeds could be used.
How to make it:
- 2 ounces dates
- 2 ounces prunes
- 1 ounce pumpkin seeds [or BTD compliant substitute]
- 1 ounce walnuts
- 1 ounce ground flaxseed or LSA [see note below]
- 2 ounces sultanas or raisins
- 2 ounces dried apricots
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 ounces sesame seeds
- The 'LSA' included in the recipe comes from 'The Liver Cleansing Diet' by Dr Sandra Cabot and consists of 3 parts flaxseed, 2 parts sunflower seeds, 1 part almonds, all ground up together. Store in freezer.
- Put the dates, prunes, pumpkin seeds, walnuts & LSA/flaxseed into food processor.
- Process until fruit is mashed and nuts and seeds are roughly chopped (or until all pureed together).
- Add sultanas/raisins and apricots and process until combined.
- Add enough water to bind together.
To make balls :
- Roll spoonfuls of the mixture in sesame seeds until well coated.
- Makes about 20 small balls
To make bars:
- Stir the sesame seeds into the mixture and press into a tin that has been lined with baking paper or lightly greased.
- Can then be cut into whatever size you want.