|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Red Lamb Curry|
A delicious 'coconut' curry with lamb. I made this with that macadamia nut cream (coconut cream) substitute and it came out absolutely delish!! This is especially for Type O non-secretors. For those who can have yogurt, use that if you prefer it instead of the Fake Coconut Milk.
How to make it:
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless lamb, cubed
- 2 Tablespoons ghee
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1-2 Tablespoons red curry paste or curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 16 ounces canned, peeled tomatoes
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup Fake Coconut Milk*
- 1 piece fresh ginger
- 1 small bunch broccoli
- Put ghee in heavy-based saucepan or casserole on low heat, add onion and garlic.
- Grate or finely chop ginger and add.
- Cook gently, stirring often, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in curry paste or powder and salt.
- Cook, stirring, a few minutes.
- Add broccoli florets and chopped, peeled stalk, if desired.
- Increase heat, add lamb, stirring well.
- Add tomatoes and juice, lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add chopped peppers and Fake Coconut Milk.
- Cover and simmer on lowest heat for 1 hour or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Variation: Transfer to covered casserole to oven at 300 degrees F for 1-1/2 hours.
- I don't think it needs a whole hour to simmer...
- It was done in like 15 minutes.
- I don't like my meat overcooked.
Fake Coconut Milk:
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tablespoon agave nectar or vegetable glycerine
- dash of sea salt
- Blend on high until well-blended
- Add more water/salt/sweetener to taste.