|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Sweet Cranberry-Honey Goat Cheese Spread|
This is fantastic on spelt toast or apple slices. I plan to experiment with different acceptable fruits and spices. Very simple!
How to make it:
- 4 oz plain chevre (goat cheese), softened
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons sugar, optional [or agave]
- Honey to taste (about 2 teaspoons, max)
- Place the cranberries, sugar, and water in a bowl.
- Either soak them until the cranberries swell, or microwave them for about 30 seconds to soften them.
- Drain the water, reserving a couple of teaspoon's worth. This will make it easier for your food processor.
- Place the berries, cheese, and a drizzle of honey into your food process or blender. (I use a Magic Bullet.)
- Blend until thoroughly mixed.
- Chill in a container.
- Spread will be about the consistency of cream cheese, only more delicious.