|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Millet 'Corn' Bread 2|
A corn-free, coarse bread. It is very similar to regular corn bread.
How to make it:
- 2 cups millet flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder [baking powder recipes]
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 egg (or if eggs don't work for you, mix 1 Tablespoon flax meal with 1/4 cup boiling water and let sit till thick)
- 1 cup water or liquid of choice
- 1 onion (optional)
- spices (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450.
- For a crisp crust, heat some oil in an iron skillet in the oven while it's preheating, but watch carefully for smoke. Remove from heat immediately if it does start to smoke.
- Remove when hot and pour mixed ingredients into pan.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Add chopped onion or Italian seasoning.
- For muffins, use a muffin tin instead of an iron skillet, pouring a little oil into each cup and bake for about 10 minutes.
- For hush puppies, use a little less liquid to make a stiffer batter, add onion, then drop by spoonfuls into hot oil and fry on both sides. Note: I'm not sure that hush puppies will hold together with the flax meal, probably requires egg.