|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Coconut Pie Crust|
Raw juicy coconut meat melds with almonds, and flaxseed meal into a scrumptious pie (9') shell. Try it with 'BV's Avocado Chocolate Pie Filling'. You definitely won't be sorry! No cooking necessary. Vegan/Vegetarian
How to make it:
- 1 cup shredded fresh coconut
- 2 Tablespoons spelt flour
- 1 cup almonds, toast & grind to flour consistency
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Mix the coconut, spelt, almonds & flax meal in a medium bowl.
- Drizzle coconut oil over it and mix thoroughly.
- Pour mix into pie pan and press to form crust.
- Start at center going towards edge to gauge thickness.
- Filling should be the chilled kind or precooked.
- Cool shell in fridge 2 hours before cutting. It will set up nicely.
- Enjoy your efforts!