|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
A versatile turkey meatball, full of veggies and flavor!
How to make it:
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup rolled oats**
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven 350
- chopped all the veggies in my vita mix to be sure the pieces were small.
- Saute the carrot, onion and celery in the olive oil. Add garlic near the end and saute another minute or so.
- Add veggies and all remaining ingredients into a medium mixing bowl and combine well.
- Roll into balls about 1 1/2 inchs and place in lightly oiled baking dish.
- The mixture will be pretty soft, but will firm up as it bakes.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 more minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- Serves 4-6 depending on appetite.
- Good go-with: green salad, rice, steamed green beans
- Or, the cooked meatballs can be used in soup-perhaps an Italian themed one?
- Or served with a favorite sauce as appetizers on a buffet?
- Meatball flavor could be changed depending on herbs/spices added too.