|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Roast Beef and Collard Greens|
Casserole roasted beef with collard greens
How to make it:
- 2 pound piece of roasting beef (ex. rump roast)
- large bunch of washed collard greens
- sprinkle of fresh or dried garlic
- 3 Tablespoons wheat-free tamari (or soy sauce)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 sweet potato, peeled
- In a small bowl mix the tamari, garlic, olive oil and juice from 1/2 a lemon.
- Pour over meat, turning to coat well.
- Slice lemon shell coarsely and drop in too.
- Pop in refrigerator for an hour or two before cooking, if you can.
- Heat oven to 200C (400F).
- Place chopped collards in bottom of large heavy casserole or cast iron pot with tight lid.
- Place beef on top, pour over marinade so it drizzles on collards too, and the lemon bits.
- Place large pieces of sweet potato around edges of pot so they will sit above the baking juices.
- Cover with tight lid.
- If you have room in the oven, also do a little pan with other vegetables for your type, pumpkin, carrot, parsnip, onion, etc., and spices, but they should only need about an hour.
- The tamari will make meat appear a lot browner, so check with meat thermometer or poke with skewer to see if juices clear or still red.
- I cook for about 2 hours, but turn it down 20 degrees for last third of time.
- Let roast sit 10 minutes on platter before carving,should be really soft, and drain collards well prior eating or can be too fatty otherwise.
- Squeeze juice from other lemon half over beef and greens after serving.
- Use the rind in your washup water.