|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
Pineapple bread from Antigua. Crumbles very much first day, so leave it and eat it next day in thick slices.
How to make it:
- 230 grams white spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder [baking powder recipes]
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 80 grams ghee
- 175 gram cane sugar [or BTD compliant sweetener]
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tablespoons pineapple juice
- 150-175 grams fresh pineapple, cut in small pieces.
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- cream ghee with sugar
- add eggs, cream again
- sift flour, baking powder, salt into it
- add pineapple and juice
- Put into a 23 cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- Bake 1 hour; look at it often, it browns very easy.
- Leave it in tin to cool down, and put it in a plastic bag when it has cooled down and tomorrow you can cut nice slices. Otherwise, it will be too crumbly to slice properly.